Wednesday, August 5, 2009

threading



one site that completely enabled my desire to DIY is a site i discovered at the beginning of the summer last year, i was searching for a tutorial about how to do your own screen printing because the first semester of that year in my graphic communications class i learned how to do it but wanted to know how i could screen print at home, well anyways through a google search i discovered one on Threadbanger and after a little more exploration of the site i was hooked

i loved their videos, and guest tutorials and their concepts on sustainability and how to recycle things and not waste which is something i totally agree with, you will probably here the words "smart consumerism" coming out of my mouth when someone asks me why i don't just buy everything new instead of raiding thrift stores, antique stores and ebay for a large part of my possessions, i must say their videos can get pretty cheesy but so can i, so it really isn't that big of a deal to me

episodes:
threadbanger projects
ispydiy
decor it yourself (my favorite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment