Tuesday, August 25, 2009

welcome home

a lady who works at one of my favorite antique stores told me yesterday that the guy at one of my favorite booths is supposed to be bringing in a bunch of 40s winter coats, it made me really excited because i have such a weakness for coats and they end up being my favorite items of clothing most of the time



also, i was reading a recent post by pink shirts and car wrecks and i came across another weakness, a recipe for homemade pesto! i am so excited about makeing some now

pesto
2 c. basil
3 big cloves garlic
1/3 c. pine nuts
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/3 parmesan or romano cheese
sea salt and cracked pepper

pulse basil and pine nuts in blender. add garlic and pulse. add oil in a steady stream while blending, stop to scrape down sides. add cheese (but not if you're freezing it) and pulse. season to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment